Monday 26 December 2011

Classic Monday "Big Apple Red" Review

Big Apple Red, is described as "Bright, shiny and ready to take on the world" by OPI. 

Big Apple Red, is tomato red, bright shiny, farm fresh tomatoe red. This shade was originally released as  part of the O.P.I.'s  New York Collection. Since it's original release Big Apple Red has become one of O.P.I.'s best sellers earning it a place in the Classic Collection.


The formula went on well and I was able to achieve full coverage in only 2 coats. I added a top coat for added protection and shine. I only wore this colour for 2 days and during that time did not notice any tip wear or chipping. 

Once dry,  this polish dries to a great glossy creme finish. Personally I'm not a fan of red polish on my hands (toes are another story) but I must admit it is a nice colour. I can see the appeal of this colour, it's old Hollywood with a modern twist.

Once again, I can say that I will probably never wear this colour on it's own again. I think it would be a fun colour for nail art or layering but by itself seems to be a little to vampy for me. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment